This is by far one of my most favorite gifts I’ve ever gotten. (Shoutout to my Bestie!❤) I had considered getting one for awhile but was skeptical about whether it was truly beneficial or just something cute & trendy being raved about. Low and behold, it is so so worth the hype!! So if you’re like me about a year ago, I’m sure you have some of the same questions I did. What’s the benefits? What do you put in a skincare fridge? Why not just use your kitchen fridge? Why do my products need to be cold?
In today’s post, I’ll be answering all of your questions as well as sharing what I keep in my skincare fridge. I’ll also include links at the end for my fridge and a few of my favorite skincare tools that I like to keep in it!
4 Key Benefits of a Skincare Fridge:
- Your products will last longer. The cooler temperature helps slow down the expiration period which in turn allows your products to be stretched for an extended period than if they were kept room temperature. This is great since typically when using quality skincare products, a little goes a long way! So it can take you awhile to completely finish a product!
- The cooler temperature prevents active ingredients in your skincare from breaking down. These active ingredients can be Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Retinol, etc., and are used to address whatever skin concern it’s targeting. So obviously these are ingredients you’d want to preserve so the cooler temp does just that! Now this is also why you don’t want to store your products in your kitchen fridge. Your kitchen fridge temperature is too cold in comparison to the temp of a skincare fridge. So this could actually cause your products to freeze and make those active ingredients inactive!
- The coldness of your products/tools will calm and de-puff your skin. This is personally my favorite part about using a skincare fridge. If you’re like me and you’re eyes and/or face can sometimes be puffy in the mornings, this not only feels amazing and soothing to the skin but will truly help to de-puff your face! This is also great for anyone who deals with redness, has sensitive skin, or gets facials often. The coolness will help calm your skin after treatments and reduce inflammation! I also highly recommend using a Jade Roller or Ice Roller. Truly a game changer in my opinion!
- The cooler temp helps inhibit bacterial & fungal growth. With many skincare products, we are constantly having to go in with our fingers to get out product which in turn causes it to become contaminated, regardless of how clean we think our hands may be. Therefore, keeping your products cooler will aid in preventing bacterial and fungal growth from happening because of this.
What to Put in Your Skincare Fridge:
Now there are numerous things you could utilize your skincare fridge for from perfume to nail polish but I’m just going to share some of the products I keep in mine!
- Eye creams/gels
- Night Creams
- Sheet Masks
- Jade Roller
- Detox Mask
- Mario Badescu Rose Water Spray
Overall, I’d say if you are really into skincare and you enjoy treating your skin at home (or if you know someone who does), a skincare fridge would definitely be worth your money! You can keep it in your bathroom or on a vanity or wherever you find is most convenient to you! I’m sharing some really good ones below that have gotten really good reviews including the one I have! I hope this post helped in your decision making and answered any of your questions! Feel free to comment below if there was anything I didn’t answer or if you end up purchasing one! 🙂
*These links are affiliate links in which I earn a small commission from your purchase. Thank you for your support in helping me to continue creating content and sharing products that I love! 🙂